Monday, November 14, 2011

A Lovely Little “Sprinkle” for Emerson Claire

I was absolutely blessed beyond measure last Friday night when 6 of my precious friends (with whom I go WAY back!) celebrated Baby Emerson at a “Sprinkle”. We met at a restaurant in Lewisville, near the area of our first home.  I have been friends with these ladies for many years and it was so much fun to catch up and celebrate together!  My sweet friend Hillary put the evening together and just did so many special things to make it memorable.  I was blessed with several really sweet outfits, lots of diapers and wipes, baby care essentials,  a book for Emmie, and even an adorable pair of FUR boots for her!

The whole group, left to right:
Jessica, Hillary, Lindsay, me, Renee, Lina, Melissa

DSC06392

We enjoyed a delicious Italian Crème Cake!

DSC06388

DSC06389

Hillary put together the most amazingly thoughtful favors for each guest.  They were little bags of homemade chocolate chip cookies, with these adorable tags tied on each one.  Notice the background of the card is the same print as the fabric in Emmie’s nursery?!  I was amazed that she was able to do that!  The best part was the back side though.  Hillary made 6 separate cards, one for each guest, that had a scripture at the top, along with a  specific way to pray for Emerson and me in the next 6 weeks and as she is born.  They ranged from prayers of protection to prayers that she will come to know God, to prayers for joy in her life.  She made a set for me to keep of all of the cards.  It is such a special gift, and one I will always treasure.  I know Emerson will some day too!  What a gift…prayers for my little girl! Talk about making me tear up! 

DSC06394DSC06395DSC06397

It was a lovely evening spent with the sweetest ladies, and I will never forget it! :)  A heart-felt thank you….

to my precious friends.

Love, Michelle & Emmie

1 comment:

Amy Mahrer said...

LOVE the prayer cards! No better gift than prayers :)