Sunday, November 6, 2011

Boo! Halloween 2011

We had a wonderful Halloween this year!  Addie was a ton of fun!  This was the first year that she really “got it.”  Our little Minnie Mouse had the TIME of her life on Halloween night!  She would skip to the door, say "Trick or Treat!!" Then, "thank you!" and even "happy Halloween!"  She even said to a few people, "I am wearing my Minnie Mouse dress!"  We definitely will never forget our last Halloween as a family of 3!

 

Before we started Trick-or-treating, she was so excited because she was sitting watching out the window at the kids coming to our door.  She kept saying, “They’re coming Mommy!  The tick or treaters are coming!!”DSC06315DSC06313

DSC06323DSC06340SONY DSCDSC06329

These two melt my heart….

DSC06336

Nana and Leelee came trick or treating with us!

DSC06339

Addie and her sweet friend Lizzy…

DSC06325

We also enjoyed a hosting a Halloween Playdate for our MOPS (moms of preschoolers) group the week before Halloween.  It was so fun to see all of the kids in their costumes.  Addie and Rylee were the “Minnie Twins,” and they were so excited to be in the same costume.  It was a great time! 

  IMG_7273IMG_7272

Addie loves Baby Eli (Baby “Ery”) and had fun admiring him….he was the cutest Mickey we’ve ever seen!

IMG_7274

We had crafts and cookie decorating on our back patio, and Halloween treats in the kitchen.

DSC06129DSC06131DSC06134DSC06141DSC06144DSC06149DSC06156DSC06158DSC06159DSC06163DSC06168 

I also had to post the pictures of my little “Kitty” in the dress Aunt Penney gave her last year. (Aunt Penney is Carol’s super sweet Aunt who lives in South Carolina) We love her so much!  We have been waiting for Halloween to roll around so Addie could wear this dress!

IMG_2388IMG_2394

Opening Halloween cards from Nana and Lee….

I just love how her “exuberant” personality shows in these pictures…

IMG_2449IMG_2450

Showing off her new Halloween Jammies from Cece and Grandpa…

IMG_2382IMG_2380

Oh, and I had to throw this one in with the Halloween post as a way to say, “I pick my battles.”  I actually let her carry this fake pumpkin from our porch to school with her.  (She did not take it into school, but it rode in her lap with her all the way there!)IMG_2441

Can’t wait to celebrate Halloween again next year with not one fun little girl, but TWO!  Hmmmm….what will they dress up as?  Gotta start thinking now!  After all, I did get Addie’s Minnie Dress at a consignment sale this summer for $4!  Gotta keep my eyes open for next year’s costumes!!

5 comments:

Amy Mahrer said...

She just gets more and more beautiful everyday! And she was one cute Minnie!!!

Chani said...

ADORABLE as always!! I actually laughed out loud at the pumpkin in the car picture!! That just cracks me up! What a little funny girl.

Love you and miss you, Mrs. Harmon!! :)

Alyson said...

Such a cute Minnie!! I loved the pigtails and and the minnie ears! What a fun Halloween!

Amanda said...

She looked so cute as Minnie! Love all the pictures.

Amanda said...

So sweet, I love the pics of her waiting for the trick or treaters and her cheesing in her costume. LOVE the pumpkin story too! I can't tell you how many times I have taken a princess to the store, crown, shoes and all! Also LOVE her opening her Halloween card, so sweet!!! Can't wait to see that sweet girl tomorrow, we have lots of fun things planned ;)