Saturday, August 20, 2011

On my nightstand...




So I was thinking tonight about how the books on my nightstand right now can tell so much about where I am in life.

Starting from the bottom....

1. The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy by Vicky iovine-- hilarious little read. The first time I was pregnant this book was way too silly for me. I was only interested in "real" pregnancy books, you know--the ones written by a doctor. This time I have giggled my way through this little indulgence. :) My most recent uncontrollable giggle was this line about....well....probably not appropriate for the blog. (you're welcome, Dad)

2. Miserly Moms by jonni McCoy-- my stepmom gave me this book the Christmas we decided I would stay home. I am getting close to done with it. It is an incredible book!! It teaches you to save $ in lots of ways as a stay at home mom. I love the ideas I've learned. Especially the part about doing Christmas without breaking the bank. :)

3.Hope Rising by Kim Meeder-- my brother Ryan first told me about this book. This is a collection of true stories written by an inspiring lady in Oregon who operates and owns a farm for mistreated horses and emotionally starved children. Together the horses and children help to heal one another. This book nourishes my soul.

4. Cool Names for Babies by Pamela Satran--enough said :)

5. 30 Lessons from the Life of David by Dr. Criswell Freeman--I am trying to spend time with Jesus before Addie wakes each morning. I am reading segments of this little jewel of a book before I pray and ask Him to bless our day. I had a day this week that really rattled my chain. Reading about David reminds me that "nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

5. Disney Princess Sticker Book--because my little princess loves to add her books to Mommy's stack. She makes me smile.

I know there is a lot of rage these days about electronic books. Call me old school, but I sure do love the smell and feel of a real book. :) I don't know if that will ever change.

So....What's on YOUR nightstand?

Don't worry Carol-- I did recommend that md-written preggo book! Ha ha ha :)

Love to ALL!!

1 comment:

Katie Hale said...

My nightstand looks like that as well! I have The Happiest Toddler on the Block, What to Expect the Toddler Years, The Help, the new Ikea catalog and Baby Bear Baby Bear What Do You See? :)