Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Random Life Updates!

I have so many things swimming through my brain that I have been wanting to blog about, so I am going to make one gigantic post updating on all of those things.

First of all, today we took Addie to see Dr. G for our 18 month well check up! It went great! He was so happy to see her healthy and growing. We had to fill out a developmental checklist and she had almost everything on the list so that made me super happy. Here are her stats:

23 lbs. (25-50th percentile)
31.5 in. (50-75th percentile)

Yay! I am so thankful for a healthy child!

Next, I have to blog about an answered prayer last week. So, we were talking in life group recently about what God is teaching us right now. I feel like God is really teaching me that I can live on a lot less than I thought. I have really been working hard to live on a budget. For me, this means less shopping for clothes, cutting coupons, eating out less, etc... So far it is going well, I am happy to report! However, I started to feel a little panicky a few weeks ago when I realized that Addie is growing out of most of her 12 month things and she doesn’t have a lot of 18 month clothing. But I just prayed that it would work out and God would provide for us. Well, let me just tell you, HE HAS PROVIDED for us yet AGAIN! First of all, my mom sent Addie some clothes that were donated at her maternity home but can’t be used because the babies are too small, then we were blessed with gifts of clothing from Auntie M, Aunt Lindsey, and Nana just this weekend. Then, last Friday, I was driving home from the grocery store and saw a garage sale going on. Well it turns out there is a little girl down the street who is just a little ahead of Addie and I bought 4 sacks of 18 month clothing for a very low price! We even exchanged info. so that I can buy clothes she is finished with again! Here is a $1 outfit that I purchased for her….Daddy dressed her in it this morning for her Dr. appt.

DSC02844 DSC02845 DSC02847 DSC02850

Ok, now I have to blog about my sewing! I have been sewing, sewing, sewing! Again, God is blessing us so much with my little business! In fact, I can hardly keep up, which I never dreamed would happen. I have enjoyed it so much lately. I have made many, many pumpkin shirts and a few of them were even etsy sales!

It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

DSC02631 DSC02645 DSC02647DSC02644

SONY DSC DSC02695

I have started to work on Christmas designs…here are a few…

DSC02705 DSC02707 DSC02710
Our dear friends Jessica and Marcus are having a baby!!!!! I had to make them a little something….

DSC02627

The following picture is of 10 owl shirts I did for a lady who has a Canton booth.

DSC02625 DSC02574 DSC02573

And of course my little “Pumpkin” in her shirt. She wore this to school yesterday and got me 2 more orders! :-) I love my little marketing model.

DSC02827

When we got home yesterday she sat in her chair and read books…can you say “MELT MY HEART?” That is my idea of undwinding after long day too!

DSC02840 DSC02841

Ok next I have to tell you about our weekend! We had so much fun with Auntie M and her family. Carol’s wedding is in less than 3 weeks! Isn’t that so exciting! She came in town for a dress fitting and wedding stuff and we surprised her with a bridal tea at The Crescent Hotel in Dallas! It was such a fun surprise! Here are some pictures from our weekend, but none of her in the dress…that’s a surprise and you’ll have to wait. But let me just tell you, she is BEAUTIFUL in her dress! I can’t wait to show you lots and lots of pictures! I love my best friend SO MUCH! I am so super excited about her wedding in just a few weeks!!!!

DSC02802 DSC02768DSC02803DSC02800DSC02777 DSC02794 DSC02796 DSC02804

Of course while Carol was here she soaked up some Addie time, and gave her a bath on Friday night. I couldn’t resist the opportunity to compare a picture of her bathing Addie now and her bathing Addie when she was two weeks old!
DSC02724 DSC02717

18 months ago…

DSC01275

Now…

DSC02722

Of course you know I have to tell you all about So You Think You Can Dance Live! It was A M A Z I N G!!!!! I am telling you it was right up there with the top life experiences I have had! I think I cried the entire first half of the show! I hugged Brandon so tight so many times and thanked him from the bottom of my heart!!!! Here are a few pictures of our night. It’s hard to tell from these pics, but we had the best seats in the house! Center of the stage, eye level with the stage! I felt like I could reach out and high five them after their routines! :-) I loved, loved, loved it!

IMG_0446 IMG_0447 IMG_0449 IMG_0450 IMG_0453

Love me some Robert (and of course Kent and Lauren too)!!! :-)

Next in line on my LONGEST post ever are the pictures I recently took of Addie in her Sooner jersey for my dad’s birthday gift. :-)

DSC02595 DSC02602 DSC02607

And this next part is LONG overdue, but I just want to post these cute pictures of Addie and her friend Henry this summer. Henry’s parents, Pete and Jolene were some of our first friends at Hope Fellowship and we love them SO MUCH! They recently moved to Minnesota and we miss them so much! Henry is just 2 months behind Addie and they loved playing together their first year and a half. I feel a hole in my heart where Jolene made an impression…she is a precious friend who is so real and genuine. We miss you guys!

IMG_0414 IMG_0412

Ok, I think that’s about it! As you can see by Addie’s expression in the following photo…SURPRISE! You are done! Thanks for reading about our life! We love you all!

DSC02459

5 comments:

Chani said...

AWWWW! I love all of this! I LOVE that God is so good! I LOVE that your business is going SO WELL!! YAY! I LOVE that Addie is so unbelievably adorable with her long hair and cute clothes! I really love weddings- so I'm so happy for Carol! She is such a great friend to you. :) I just LOVE how happy you were to go to So You Think You Can Dance! What a fun night, and high-five to Brandon for such a great gift! I'm so happy you're happy, Michelle! :)

Amanda said...

Yay, so happy ya'll are doing so well! I love all the adorable pictures of Addie in her new outfit to go to the doctor and in her sooner jersey, too cute! I am also so proud at how well your little business is going too, I think I am your #1 fan =) Love the Christmas shirts too, I 'll be ordering one of each ;)

The Soladay Family said...

Well...I love the way everything is coming together for you and your sweet family! I am so happy for you! =)

Sharon said...

I'm so happy for you! This is such a great post! A little bit of everything good! I love you girl!

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you are a SYTYCD fan!!! We have so much in common! That is my all-time favorite show! I actually saw two season's ago live,, and LOVED it. I can't believe you got to see this season. You are going to have to tell me all about it! We were meant to be true friends! ha! And those are precious pictures of Addie too!! :)