Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

Dearest Addison,

Today you are 18 months old!  1 year and a half!  It’s hard to believe that you are now only 6 months away from turning 2!  Where has the time gone?  I love you so much, it’s hard to put it into words.  You are a dream come true!  From the moment you entered this world you have brought your daddy and mommy so much joy.  You are such a sweet girl with a kind spirit and you love to make people happy.  Right now, you are at such a fun stage.  You love to explore, and by this I mean you are into EVERYTHING!  I can’t turn my back for 2 minutes, because if I do, you have gone and found something I didn’t even know I had.  You are such a helper and love to bring me things that you think I need!  We giggle because you put things in the funniest places.  For example, the other day we found spoons in a laundry basket of clean clothes. :)  Your favorite place in the whole world is the park!  You love to swing and slide.  When we go on a walk and the park comes into your line of sight, you start giggling and jumping around in the stroller to get out and play.  You love to eat raviolis, bananas, goldfish, oyster crackers, mac n cheese, chicken nuggets, ice cream, broccoli, and animal crackers.  Although you have lots of words, your favorite word is still “hi!” (you say this all the time…to passing dogs, people in the grocery store, anyone really). People are always surprised to hear you greet them…Friday in the grocery store I heard a school age boy say, “Mom!  That little baby just told me hi!”   You have learned what a cow, bird, snake, coyote, dog, and monkey say.  Sweet girl, you LOVE books and that makes Mommy so happy!  Every night before bed we read you 3-4 books, rock you, pray with you, and lay you in your bed.  You lay there awake for a little while and eventually put yourself to sleep.  You still sleep a full 12 hours…7:30-7:30.  You have independent play time twice a day in your “hexagon” and most of the time you love it.  Mommy loves to peek at you reading the books to yourself (you even use expression!) :) You love, love, love shoes!  You are still wearing some 12 month clothing, but you are moving into 18 months.  You love to blow kisses, give high fives, and sit in our laps.  And you sit so well for me to fix your hair each day!   You are loving your class at Mother’s Day out and you have won the hearts of your teachers.  They tell me you are flexible, happy, a helper, and you always participate in room activities.  I love to watch you walk into your class like such a big girl going into school.  For Mommy, seeing what you are getting out of the MDO is the best part.   You get so excited when Daddy gets home from work, that you run to him like a long lost friend when he walks in the door each day.  I have said it before and I will say it again.  You make me SO HAPPY.  I have never in my life been this happy!  I feel like I was made to be your mommy.  You have a shirt right now that says “I am mommy’s dream come true.”  Well, sweet girl, that is so true.  Thank you for the most fun 18 months!  I love you so much!

Love,
Mommy

18 months ago….

addie01

Present day…

 DSC02588

4 comments:

Ashley Warren said...

Happy 18 months Addie!

~Nicole~ said...

That brought tears to my eyes! It is so true - we can't even begin to imagine how to express in words how much we love our babies :) I love seeing you as a mommy - it makes my heart happy! Miss you!

Amanda said...

Such a sweet post, I can't believe Addie is 18 mo. old, Ry is not far behind and I can't believe how fast it's going by! I am so lucky to have a friend like you to share all of these amazing feelings with (Rylee too)!I LOVE the picture of her in the swing too, ADORABLE smile =)

erickson family said...

um. those are the sweetest little pig tails ever in that swing picture. precious. thank you for your sweet note- i miss you girls so much. and henry misses his friend, addie. what a great mom you are-can you believe she is a year and a half?! weren't we just taking zofran?