Friday, September 3, 2010

Our New Adventure :)

I am so excited about the new adventure Addie and I are about to embark upon! This coming Tuesday we start our Mother’s Day Out! It is such an awesome, Christian program that operates on Tuesday/Thursday from 9-2 at a church in our town. I will be teaching four year olds and Addie will be going to a class for kiddos her age. Today we had “Meet the Teacher” for both of us. The first round, she was in the staff child care and I had my new kiddos come to my classroom. It was so much fun meeting their sweet little faces! I have 10 little ones, and a teacher’s aide who floats among 3 classes. I have been working during our inservice days to get my room ready. I have compared the feeling to being a brand new teacher because even though I have set up many rooms, I have not ever set up a preschool room! It was so much fun. It’s a little room, for little people. Every single staff member I have come in contact with at this preschool has been so very sweet. I just love it already! After my “Meet the Teacher” was over, Brandon met me and we walked over to get Addie so she could go to her “Meet the Teacher.” She has been blessed with the sweetest two ladies who will be taking care of her each Tuesday/Thursday. It was so obvious that both of these ladies LOVE, LOVE, LOVE kids her age and are passionate about what they do. I can’t wait to see everything she learns! They went over the curriculum, the schedule, recess info, etc. and it was amazing to me to see all that she will be exposed to twice a week! They are also going to teach them how to pray out loud! How sweet will that be!? A lot of the kids were timid and scared, but not my little princess. As you can see from the pictures (YES—I was that neurotic mom who is flashing pictures with her big obnoxious camera at “Meet the Teacher”…I mean I won’t be able to take pics on the first day b/c I will be with my own class, so cut me some slack! LOL!) ANYway, as you can see from the pictures, she was RIGHT at home. She enjoyed climbing, playing, looking out the windows…you name it. I think she’s going to have so much fun and I can’t wait! I am also so excited about the parties in her class. They will have a costume day for Fall Festival, a Christmas Party, a Cowboy/Cowgirl day, and even a Mother’s Day Tea! Wow! I told Brandon tonight on a walk, “My heart is so happy!” I just feel so blessed that Addie and I get to be a part of such a great place, and a great program. :-)

The first few pictures are of my classroom. Can you believe they gave me the one with the hot pink wall? Wow! Then the last few pics are of Addie in her classroom. LOVE her!
DSC02419 DSC02421 DSC02423 DSC02424 DSC02425 DSC02428

Now for Addie’s “Meet the Teacher”…

DSC02429 DSC02431 DSC02432 DSC02433 DSC02434 DSC02436

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Love it! You are going to do such a great job! I love you so much and am so proud of you for doing this! Thanks for walking with me tonight. It is always good to chat.:)

Amy Mahrer said...

Those 4 year olds are about to get the best teacher of their lives! You and Addie are going to have a blast. Enjoy it.

Amanda said...

Your room looks so cute! Addie looks so happy in her classroom and adorable as always! Hope ya'll had a great first day!