Sunday, September 26, 2010

Happy Fall Y’all!

The fall weather today was so nice!  It got me in the mood to decorate for fall and this year it was so much fun to have my little sidekick helping me!  :-)

DSC02677

From the moment Brandon got the boxes down, Addie was right there in the middle of it all…she is so funny.

 DSC02652 DSC02653 DSC02655 DSC02656 DSC02658

Of course the lid was the most fun of all…

 DSC02660

My friend Allison Soladay, who is an amazing decorator, always posts pictures of her decorations.  You should check out her blog, by clicking here.  She inspired me to take some pictures of my favorite fall things around our house….

 DSC02682 

I love this pumpkin…got it a few years ago at a Christian bookstore for half off after the season…it’s my favorite fall decoration…

 DSC02668 DSC02669

Couldn’t resist this little frame I found in my fall box…check out that little round pumpkin from last year…. :-)
 DSC02670

Love this plate, found it at Cracker Barrell a few years ago…

DSC02671 DSC02686

Can’t wait to start reading some of Addie’s fall books to her…

DSC02666

My little “ghoul” chose Mouse’s First Halloween for her first official Halloween read-aloud this year.  I love this book!  My dear friend, Sharon gave her this book last year.  Sharon’s son Hunter was in my third grade class a few years ago and is now in 8th grade.  Sharon has become a very close friend to me over the last several years.  She is so sweet and loves to give Addie books for all kinds of occasions.  Last year when she gave Addie this book, she put the cutest message inside the front cover.  I couldn’t resist taking a picture of it today…see below. 

 DSC02662DSC02665

Can you see her boys in their costumes?  She actually cut them out and glued them in the cover of the book!  Can you say PRECIOUS!!??

Now, look at Superman and Winnie the Pooh present day….

HW Cowboy Stadium NFL 2010

Aren’t they so handsome!  They are growing into the sweetest young men!

We had such a great weekend!  Today we went to the park twice and last night we had a fun dinner with Rylee and her parents, Brad and Amanda!  So happy fall is finally here!  Love to all!

PS—Keeping reading for another new post I made tonight!

3 comments:

Chani said...

Beautiful home, beautiful decorations, beautiful baby! :) Can't wait to see her Halloween costume this year! :)

Amy Mahrer said...

My favorite fall decoration is that adorble lil pumpkin we call Addie! She just makes me smile!

Carol said...

i love seeing her this year compared to last year! It's amazing how much she has grown! What a big girl!