Sunday, August 15, 2010

To My Teacher Friends

This is a special post to all of my friends who are teachers.  It’s very strange to me to not be gearing up for school tomorrow so I can’t help but get all of you off my brain.  To all of my friends who start back to work tomorrow, (whether you are looking forward to returning, or not…) I just want to encourage you!  You are heroes!  I just know that God has hand-picked children for each of your classes this year and He is preparing your hearts and your classrooms and your families for you to do BIG things with those kiddos this school-year.  Every single one of those children will be SO BLESSED to be in your class this year.  You have the greatest privilege of being in the world’s most incredible profession—the opportunity to affect eternity!  Sometimes you will be the only hug some kids receive in their day. 

So, in the famous words of Dr. Seuss,

…be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray or Mordecai Ale Van Allen O’Shea,
you’re off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So…get on your way!

Go get em!  And know that I am here!  If you want to talk, cry, laugh, or vent…I’ve been in your shoes and I will be there for you! 

I love you all and send virtual hugs your way!   

~M

3 comments:

The Soladay Family said...

I thought about all our teacher friends last night too!

Lindsay said...

Thank you for the uplifting and encouraging words- I already know I'll need them for this year! It's always so hard to go back, but it's also good to get back into the school routine, and to see all those sweet faces at school. I know your school & kids will miss you! But you are doing such an awesome thing for you & Addie by staying home. I know you'll never regret it!

Sharon said...

Wow! I think God knew I needed to read this today! Thanks for your kids words and even more importantly your prayers! I miss you!