Monday, August 30, 2010

Please Pray for Alyson!!!

I have been thinking the last few days that I need to make a blog post about the baby shower we threw for our dear friend Alyson at my house a few weeks ago. It was such a joy! It was so much fun for it to finally be her turn to be the “Mommy-to-be” after her long journey of becoming a mom. I know that many of you have looked at her blog and started following her story. She is a true example of faith, in my eyes.

Up until the last week or so, she has been moving along with her pregnancy so well. She is 28 weeks and 4 days today! However, the last week has been tough for her. She has had to make multiple trips to the hospital because of bleeding and contractions. Well, as of Friday, they put her on permanent hospital bed rest. And today, she received some news that was really hard for her to take. It turns out that her cerclage that she traveled to Chicago to have done, has broken…which is just unheard of. She is now being watched very closely just in case she goes into labor. You can read more details on her blog by clicking here: http://thesteiners.us/

Please pray for Alyson, her husband Justin, and the babies, Will and Jack! Thank you!

“And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” Matthew 21:22

Now, I will leave you with pictures from our wonderful “double” baby boy shower! It was a blast!! You can click on any of the pictures for a closer look!

DSC02233IMG_1652DSC02235IMG_1659DSC02238 DSC02236 DSC02237 DSC02239IMG_1686 IMG_1650

4 comments:

Chani said...

She is SO, SO, SO in my prayers. I'm speechless and yet, I just know God has their whole family in His hands, holding on tightly. Thanks for being such a good friend to people, Michelle. She's lucky to have you there for her- and what a beautiful shower!

Katie Grant said...

I am so glad I have had the chance to follow Alyson and her family's blog for awhile now. She is such a wonderful example of strength and faith. I am praying for them!!

Brunson Family said...

Praying for Alyson, Jack & Will!

Stacie said...

I just saw that she had the boys! We are praying for her and them. God is in control! Nathan and I had a friend that gave birth to a baby at 24 weeks and she is thriving after being born this March. You are sucha great friend and I am glad that she has you to lean on. Let us know if they need anything. It will be a long road but God will be glorified in it all! Looking forward to seeing the boys grow!

Love you!
Stacie