Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Kyank Kyou

Addie has some new tricks! She now says "Uh Ohhhhh" and "Thank you." Thank you sounds more like Kyank Kyou, but it melts my heart none the less. She also loves to do this: LOOK MA! No hands!

You may be wondering, "What's all that clutter on Michelle's counter?" Well, that's all of my nursing gear. Yep, that's right. We are officially done. This past week we had our last official nursing time. sniff sniff. I cried a little just because I was sad that this time is over. But I can honestly say that nursing Addie is the one thing in my life I am the most proud of doing. It was seriously the most challenging thing I have ever done but the most rewarding and looking back I am glad I stuck with it--through all of the ups and downs. It's a personal decision that we all have to make based on our babies and our lives....and I respect each and every mom for her choice. I wasn't breastfed and I turned out ok...well I guess that's debatable. :-) My mom did what was right for her at that time and I love her for it! I am however, beside myself with joy to pack all of the goodies up in the picture above!!

And the last picture....well...in our house we are counting down and getting excited!!!!
ps..read below for another new post I made tonight!

~Michelle :-)

8 comments:

hillarylaird said...

I can't believe your baby is almost 1!!!! She is SO precious!

Katie Grant said...

So cute! I can't believe she's standing on her own, what a big girl! Where did you get the little plate that you can write on? I just love it.

Addison said...

I just can't believe in a month she will be ONE!!! She looks like she's standing pretty good alone. Give her a hug from Nana.

Amanda said...

So cute, can't believe our little ones will be 1, it went by so fast!!!

Brooke said...

Awwww - I hear that is such a bittersweet time when you are weaning from breastfeeding! I cannot believe she is almost 1 year old!!!

the ericksons said...

aw. i love your sweet blogs. i think it is very awesome that you have nursed this long and pumped and worked! you go girl! I too was a mostly formula baby and i turned out alright, i think. :) Also, looking at your blog-i feel very blessed to know you! You are such a sweet and thoughtful friend. I am so glad our lives crossed paths. :)

Addison said...

She is adorable...just like you!

Love,
Kelly

Addison said...

I so wished we lived closer!!! I am glad I get to keep up with you and your family though! How sweet it is!
~Misty