Ok, my pity party is over! It's amazing how a good night's sleep can change my world. (Along with lots of encouragement from lots of sweet friends! Thank you! And thanks to Kristen for the wonderfully uplifting verse up at the top of this entry!) I am feeling happier today. I think it's high time for an update on our family. So much has happened since I really blogged last time! Happy 10 Months Baby! Here are some things that have been going on..... 1. Addie had her first ear infection a few weeks ago! And not just one, but two at the same time. She woke up in the middle of the night on Tuesday night, January 19th and it was obvious to me that something was really wrong. I lined up a sub for the next day, slept on the floor in her room, and prayed that it was nothing too serious. I knew the doctors would say it was another cold at first glance, but I just knew in my heart it was something more. Sure enough, there was a double ear infection and they treated it with antibiotics. So for 10 days she took the pink chalky liquid and seemed to be feeling much better! In the last two days, her nose has started to run again pretty constant. I am not sure if this round is related to the sickness or because of teeth coming in.
2. Speaking of teeth, Addie has finally gotten some on top! She has gotten her left vampire tooth (maybe b/c Mommy can't stop reading about Edward and Bella???) and her left front tooth. She also has four on the bottom. I have been working with her on finger foods and it's going better each day. Right now she likes bananas, avocados, and cheerios best. I know we aren't supposed to compare babies, but I was really worrying about her delay with finger foods after reading other blogs out there. I have learned from further research that some babies just aren't in a hurry and that's ok. She'll get there on her own time!
3. She is pulling up on EVERYTHING! Sometimes she will let go and stand there for about 2 seconds. She is busy, busy, busy...crawling everywhere. You literally can't turn your back for two seconds. I love to watch her explore. Sometimes I am just blown away by the things she does, I can't help but tear up. She stands, I cry...she laughs, I melt.
4. We had her nine month appt. and it went great! (This was almost a month ago!) She weighed 19.5 pounds. She is still in the 50-75th percentile on everything. I love her little rolls on her legs. Developmentally, she was right on target. Praise God! It was such a fun appointment! Dr. G said by her 12 mo. appt she should be on all table foods...hmmmm...someone tell me this is flexible!
5. She has two words: dadadadadada and mamamamama and when you ask her say one, she says the opposite. I think she is going to have a really funny personality. She seems to have a lot of spunk about her. She loves to bop her head from side to side and dances a little to music.
6. Addie is officially in 9 month clothes! It took her till 10 months of age, but she's there and it still blows my mind to look at how long the pants are and realize that she actually fits in them! I love dressing her and my new favorite thing is putting her hair in pigtails. She is so much fun.7. She is very close to weaning herself off of mommy's milk. I am still hanging on to those two nursing periods a day with all of my might but I have reason to believe I might not be producing what she needs. We have been supplementing with formula, which she loves and will even take from a sippy cup. It makes me so sad to think that nursing her has almost come to an end. We had such a tough start, and we have bee in the "bliss" period for a while now. I really wanted to go to a year, but I think my body might be saying "time's up." I know she will do great on formula, it's not that I am worried about that part....just selfishly I will miss this time b/c it's another sign that she's growing up. I will not, however, miss the pumping! Yay for that part!
8. She loves books. She doesn't always sit still long enough for me to read her a whole book, but she sure loves to eat the books and play with them. I try to make sure they are all around her all of the time b/c I want them to be a BIG part of her life.
I think that's about it! We are planning her first birthday party! It's going to be on April 3rd, which is her actual birthday and I can't wait to celebrate her life! We are going to have a birthday parade (Thanks Kelly W. for the awesome idea.) We will start at our house and parade to the park for cake, ice cream, and play time with friends. 2 Months! How is THAT possible?
Lovin' every minute with this sweet baby girl.........