I was given this sweet award from Alyson at The Steiner Life. Please pray for my sweet friend Alyson! She is trying with all of her might to have a baby and I just know that 2010 is the year for her and her husband Justin! Love you Alyson!!!
Ok, I am supposed to tell 7 things about myself (that you might not already know!) and then share the award with 7 other bloggers! Just like Alyson, I read so many amazing blogs! I seriously don't know how I will choose just 7! So, here are 7 random things about me that you may not know:
1. I love to cook! I especially love to make healthy meals. I enjoy the challenge of creating a meal and then figuring out how many weight watcher's points the meal totals. I have done weight watchers off and on for years and I am almost like a walking WW points encyclopedia. I hardly ever have to look up points for things. It's a healthy way of eating and still enjoying the things that make your tummy happy!
2. I love french fries. ANY KIND from ANY PLACE. They are definitely my favorite food and always have been. When I was a little girl my Granny would take me to McDonald's for breakfast and she would let me get two hashbrowns for breakfast....such a happy memory! (I know all of the points on french fries for any fast food restaurant in town...and have been known to skip another meal entirely to work fries into my points.)
3. I love to read! I LOVE love stories, mysteries, and now I have recently found I love to read about Edward, Bella, and Jacob! Thanks to Allison and Sharon, I am hooked on the Twilight Saga. I am 30 pages from the end of Eclipse right now. What a story!
4. Wrapping presents is sort of a hobby for me. I have a closet upstairs with tons of wrapping paper, ribbons, tags, tissue paper. I don't like using gift sacks b/c I enjoy wrapping a box. I like the feeling of creasing the paper, tucking it under, and making a pretty bow to top it with. Thanks to Carol and Nat I learned how to make pretty bows a few years ago. I also enjoy finding the perfect item to tie on to the gift!
5. I love to bargain shop. Finding a good deal excites me! However, I have one indulgence and that is jeans. (Another shout out to Carol....who got me hooked.) IMO there is nothing better than a pair of jeans that make you feel sassy and confident. This is one area that I have a weakness for sure! My personal favorite brand is 7's for all Mankind. I even splurged on a pair of maternity 7's when I was pregnant and wore them from 12 weeks till the day before I had Addie. :-)
6. My purse is a D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R. It's the one place I let it all go. I am super type A and I have a place for everything and everything in it's place. I love structure, I am giddy about organization, I enjoy cleaning out closets, I LOVE the container store, etc. However, my purse is the one place I let it all go. It's a disaster! You never know what you might find in there! I often keep it zipped up b/c I am afraid that someone might see in there! :-)
7. I have decided to stay home with Addie next year! Yay! I am so happy and so excited about what lies ahead. This was the hardest decision I have ever made b/c I love my team and my school so much!!! I just feel in my heart that for the next few years I don't want to miss a thing with her. Now....about this year....as many of you know, I prayed so much about whether or not to go back to teaching. I felt such a peace about going back this year and it was for such a good reason. I truly think God knows me and knew I needed to see both sides so that I would be able to say which one I prefer. I love teaching. I love third graders! But I just feel in my heart that this is what's best for our family. I will be going back to teaching though some day for sure! :-) I can't wait till June when I get to spend all of my days with my little side kick.
And now for the 7 (well...9) bloggers I choose to receive the beautiful blogger award:
Chani at Eric and Chani
Amanda at The Truncali Family
Amy at Bill Amy Ben
Jen at The McGowan Family
Alison at The Soladay Family
Jolene at Tag Along with the Ericksons
Sharon at the The Williams
Lindsay at Logan Laughs
Kelly at Party of Three
I had the hardest time choosing 9! I wanted to leave some of the blogs we all read out there for you guys to choose! Jen and Amanda, I know both of your lives are crazy right now, so no worries if you don't have time for this. Thank you to all of my blog friends for the inspiration that you are in my life! I love you all and I enjoy reading about your lives. Thanks again Alyson for picking me to receive this award! I had fun coming up with my 7 things!