Thursday, December 24, 2009

Santa in Our Home

I have seen lots of blog post lately about Santa or no Santa. In our home, we love Santa. I don't have some prophetic reason why we do, we just do. Santa is a very happy part of my childhood. I love the tradition, the wonder, the innocence of a child. Our goal is to teach Addie about Jesus all year long, but for our children, we desire for Santa at Christmastime to be a magical fictional character, like....maybe.... Mother Goose.... I loved this article I found online this morning. You can click here to read the article. It is on the Babywise Mom Blog (which is one of my all time favorite blogs) but the article she references is by Gary Ezzo, author of the Babywise and Growing Kids God's Way series. I just love what he has to say, especially this line:

What you tell your children about Santa Claus is up to you. But whatever you decide, remember that Christ is the King— both of Christmas and every day. That is the most important message you can get across to them.

As for me and MY house, we will be baking cookies this afternoon to leave for Santa Claus tonight with a tall glass of milk....Then we will say our prayers and praise God for the best gift He's ever given us.......... as we lay her down to sleep.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night!

~Michelle :-)

5 comments:

Chani said...

This is such a special post, Michelle! I couldn't agree more, and I love how you explained your beliefs! :) God bless your sweet, wonderful family!

Merry Christmas, friend!! :)

Sharon said...

Can I get an AMEN??? I love this! My parents always told me that Santa is someone who loves you very much. It was always so magical!

Amy Mahrer said...

Well said! Couldn't agree more. Santa is someone I'll always hold dear in my heart.

btw-Ben got that book read by my grandmother. LOVE IT!

Cindy Sorum said...

It makes me smile to read that you feel this way. I really tried to make your childhood fun, but also teach you the importance of making Jesus number one. Looks like it worked!
You are a great mommy!

Ronni said...

We totally agree!