Friday, October 16, 2009

Swine Flu, Go Away! Come Again Another Day...No....Come NEVER AGAIN!

Well, it has attacked our house! Boo! I knew the chances were pretty high considering the amount of children affected in my classroom this week, but I was HOPING my daily doses of Echinacea, my flu shot, and my incessant handwashing would protect me. NO SUCH LUCK! I went to the doctor on Thursday morning and tested postive for the Swine Flu. Ugghh. The bottom line?

1. No interaction with Brandon or Addie for 48 hours. No nursing, no snuggling, no kissing, no touching. Nothing. Complete isolation in my bedroom/bathroom and every time I exit the isolated space, I have to wear gloves and a mask. Uggghhh.
2. Tamiflu for 5 days...which means pump and dump all breastmilk...uggghh...
3. Complete exhaustion and fatigue and overall achiness with a miserable headache...I have done nothing but sleep and lay here. Ugghhhh...
BUT....
4. So far, Addie and Brandon have stayed healthy! Praise God! Although I LIVE to love on my hubby and my baby, I am happy I have been able to keep this nasty bug away from them. The isolation from them has BY FAR been the hardest part of the whole thing. I miss them so much! Brandon has been an amazing Dad and Husband, caring soley for Addie and taking such good care of me. He told me yesterday that he now can see what it's like for me when he's out of town!

Tomorrow at 11 am I can officially hold this sweet baby again.....
(and you can bet I WON'T be blogging the rest of the weekend!!!)
Everyone, stay well! Love and Kisses (with gloves and a mask on, of course), ~M
PS--Thank you Bubbee for the super cute PEACE, LOVE, and SMORES outfit! How cute is she in it!!??? :-) We love you!


4 comments:

Amy Mahrer said...

13 more hours...you're almost there! I'm sorry you've been sick and haven't been able to love on her. It's so unfair!

Cindy Sorum said...

I love the new page look for fall. Great job! Also glad you are feeling better. See you in 2 weeks and 2 days! I love s'mores!

Hugs,
Mom and Cece

Darling Daughters said...

yay! I'm finally all caught up! :)

brandonandmandycox said...

Hope you are feeling better, Michelle! :)