Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'm Back!!

So, I guess it’s about time I post a blog entry! Crazy two weeks to say the least! We are makin’ it! I have to say that it hasn’t been as bad as I anticipated. I am enjoying my new class and loving being with adults again. Addie is doing GREAT at Ms. Courtney’s. We could not have asked for a better situation for her. I don’t worry about her for a second during the day. I do miss her like crazy and have had a few crying episodes, but for the most part, I have done good. We had a hard start to this week because for some reason Monday was a hard day for Addie. She cried a lot and didn’t want to eat or nap. Then Monday night was really hard on her….it took us 2 ½ hours to get her down to sleep. So, Tuesday we let her sleep a little later and Brandon took her to Courtney’s a little late and went into work after that. That was hard on me because I didn’t get to see her that morning. But after that little hiccup, things went better the rest of the week. I am learning how to balance it all….I am so very type A, that I am going to have to not put so much pressure on myself. I am learning to be a good wife, a good mom, a good teacher, a good colleague, a good friend, a good daughter, a good neighbor....all at the same time. I am learning, and have been reassured by so many friends that it gets easier with time. I think one of the biggest challenges for me this week was figuring out how to pump my milk and still run a happy, structured third grade classroom. All of the sneaking out didn’t serve my kids well. I am working on that and tried a new plan Friday that might solve my problem, though! Addie’s new favorite thing in the world is her Jumparoo, that Lizzy gave her. You can check out her jumpin skills in the little video below. We have had so much fun this weekend with her. She is laughing and playing and growing so much. Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks. I am going to try to blog on the weekends from now on! Have a great week! Love to all!

We started Rice Cereal! She likes it sometimes, but other times not so much!



Also, we are excited to report that Addie is completely SWADDLE BROKEN! Hooray!!!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Addie looks so cute in her jumparoo, can't wait till Rylee figures it out! Love the pony tail, she looks like Pebbles from the Flinstones. Give her kisses for me, I miss her!

Sharon said...

I'm so proud of you! And please don't ever hesitate to ask if you need anything!

Love you!

Skip and Cindy said...

This is crazy, I can't believe how fast she is growing, too fast, slow down. I love the pebbles hairdo, also.

Hugs,
Grandma Cece

hillarylaird said...

LOVE the ponytail!!! SOOO cute!!! I also love the GINORMOUS pink bow with Aunty M, now that is my kinda bow!! Also, you need to tell Aunty M to eat! She is looking TOO skinny! Love ya!

Darling Daughters said...

I wonder if she'll be right handed since she's right foot dominant with the jumping? Also, LOVE the Sleep Sack! IMO, it's a baby must-have!!