Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day--now with pics!





Today was wonderful in every way! I enjoyed my baby girl so much. I looked into her eyes this afternoon and told her the story of how badly I have wanted her for so long. I told her about the Mother's Days when I have prayed I would be a mommy soon. I received a sweet gift from her. Brandon took a picture of her with a sign that said "I love Mom" and framed it for me, he framed a family picture in a frame that says "All Because Two People Fell in Love," and he also treated me to a mani/pedi yesterday. Also, on Saturday night our friend Carol (Auntie M) watched Addie so Brandon could take me to dinner for Mother's Day. We had a wonderful time together. Now, I want to put a poem I received from a dear friend today that pretty much sums up how I feel about being Addie's mom. God has TRULY blessed my life with this sweet little baby girl.

Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom,I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.Chewed on.Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom,I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom,I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew how much I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom,I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body..
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom,I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth,the joy,the love,the heartache,the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,before I was a Mom.
I wanted to share this pic....She starts way up a the top of this sleep positioner. Her legs go between the two humps. We swaddle her up really tight. When I went to pick her up this morning, she had worked her way all the way down and had her swaddle around the back of her head..I thought she looked like baby Moses!

5 comments:

Skip and Cindy said...

This brought tears to my eyes, Love, Mom

Amanda said...

Those pictures are so cute, I love the polka dot dress. I can't believe what a wiggle worm she is ;)

Lindsay said...

I'm glad you had a great first Mother's Day! Addie is a doll, can't wait to meet her!

Brunson Family said...

What a sweet poem! I love Addie's little polka dotted dress, she is adorable! I'm glad you had a wonderful first mother's day!

hillarylaird said...

Love the pictures, especially Baby Moses! I also loved the poem! It made me cry! Love you and Addie!