Saturday, January 24, 2009

So Much Fun!!!

We had our first baby shower last weekend in Houston! It was so much fun. We had an absolute blast seeing everyone. The shower was so wonderfully planned...every detail was adorable! The food was a delicious meal of lasagna, salad, and bread followed by a dessert of petit fours with Addie's initials on them in pink. There were tables everywhere with pink table cloths and clear glass jars filled with pink candies as centerpieces! So cute and so tasty! :-) There were also beautiful pink roses in vases throughout the house. It was so amazing! Brandon and I were humbled by the generosity of our friends and family. We received so many wonderful gifts and felt so showered with love! I spent the afternoon today putting all of her new goodies away. It was so much FUN! My mom and Skip were able to fly down from Oregon to be a part of the celebration, which was so neat! Thank you Carol, Micah, Natalie, Jason, Kristie, Chris, Corey, and Parker for hosting the most wonderful party in our honor! We made memories we will never forget and we feel so blessed! I tried to post pictures with this blog, but I am having technical difficulties b/c the pictures are on Shutterfly and I can't figure out how to get them in "postable format" ... so hopefully within a few days I will have pictures to post!

Also, I went to the doctor this week for my 7 month appointment and glucose screening test and everything came back normal! Hooray! Praise God! We did another sonogram and the doctor confirmed for me that she is a girl and that she is growing at the right pace. We set a date for our delivery: April 3! Only 66 days to go! Can't wait to meet her and kiss that precious little face! I got to see a glimpse of her face in the sonogram....she is so sweet!

6 comments:

Skip and Cindy said...

It was great to see everybody,too. You were so cute in that blue dress and boots! I can't figure out that shutterfly
either, so I just ordered myself a set!

Mom

Aubrey and Jen said...

I'm so glad your first shower was such a blessing! Can't wait to see the pictures! I remember being relieved to get through the glucose screening...good for you! Counting down the days w/ you, friend!!!

The Soladay Family said...

Can't wait to see the pictures! If you need some help on Shutterfly, stop by my classroom tomorrow, and I'll help you!

Brunson Family said...

Yea for April 3! Can't wait to see that sweet girl!

Ava's Adventures said...

yay! That is so fun. I can't wait to see the pictures either! Also, did they print another sonogram picture for you? I've never had a sono past 21 wks. I'd love to see!

hillarylaird said...

I had so much at your shower getting to know your Houston friends and family! I loved seeing how excited Brandon got about everything! It was very impressive that he knew what everything was!! I can't wait for April 3rd!!!