Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Armor of God....

Last night as I sat and listened to our pastor talk about how God's strength is made perfect in our weakness, I was moved to tears. I worry every day about something going wrong with my pregnancy. I have to constantly remind myself that my faith has to replace my fear and that the Bible says clearly that one replaces the other. Brandon and I pray every day for Addie to be healthy and strong and we ask God to protect her as she grows. But then I still worry.... So last night's message was perfect for me. I was reminded of Ephesians 6:10-18, which is below. I have to put on the Armor of God...the belt of truth, breastplate of righteousness, gospel of peace, shield of faith, helmet of salvation, the sword of the spirit, and PRAY, PRAY, PRAY. I remember learning this in in Sunday School as a little girl, but I had forgotten what a powerful visual reminder it is to me. At the end of the message, our pastor got really excited reminding us that no matter what comes our way in this life, that God will never leave us! He will never forsake us! He promises to be there for us no matter what! That's when I started to cry...and it was also the first time I looked down at my belly and could actually see my little girl moving all around. There were little bumps and kicks all visible from the outside. Wow...she must have been moved too. :-) Sometimes, a message just feels SO right, you know? Thanks God for preparing that message just for me.

The Armor of God

10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

5 comments:

hillarylaird said...

Thank you for sharing your heart! Such a great message! Pray, pray, pray is also what I do for you and Addie! She will be the healthiest, strongest, most beautiful baby!! Love you!

Brunson Family said...

What a great reminder. There is an awesome book called you should read "Calm my Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow. I've read it 4 or 5 times it's amazing!

Steve and Cristie said...

It is a great thing when God speaks directly to us! I know how that is! I am praying for little Addie too! See you soon!

The Soladay Family said...

This is the beginning of the many times God will speak to you regarding your children. After all, they are a gift to us from Him!

Ava's Adventures said...

Michelle, it is so amazing that I just e-mailed you earlier tonight about this very same thing. I am so glad I came to read your blog tonight. *hug* katie