Thursday, December 4, 2008

Big A, Little A, What begins with A?

Brandon is so excited to be a daddy! Our friend Carol bought Addie B this sweet, fun, whimsical book that she memorized in 9th grade for a class and Brandon reads it to Addie every night before we go to bed. We learned somewhere that if you read the same book to her over and over again while she is in the womb, she will recognize the patterns and voice after she is born and it will bring her comfort. We lay there at night and laugh our heads off as he reads to my belly. My favorite part is when he changes around the first page. He says, "Big A, little A, what begins with A? Addison Berkley, that's what begins with A!" I can't wait to see him in action as a dad.

5 comments:

Ava's Adventures said...

That is fun! That is one of my daughter's favorite books. She especially loves the "B" page. Did you know there is also a special Dr. Seuss book to be read in utero? It's "Oh, Baby, the Places You'll Go!: A book to be read in Utero." It sounds like you have a great husband and a great dad! ~Stoneman

Alyson said...

I love her name!!!!! How cute that Brandon reads to your belly! Can't wait to see you guys!

Brunson Family said...

Aunt Annie Alligator, A A A....Bryson loves that book! I am so excited you have a blog, I will have to add you to my links!

mylifeisepic said...

wooohoo! welcome to the blogosphere!

so happy for you guys!

Aaron & Jeanette
www.mylifeisepic.com

Aubrey and Jen said...

Grady has that book and I think we like it a little more than he does!:-) It's so fun to read! Can't wait to meet Miss Addie! YAY!!!